Sunday, 21 May 2017

Dragon Rampant shortlisted in Origin Awards 2017

Back in 2015, I found out that Lion Rampant was shortlisted for the Origins Awards. I knew I wouldn't win, when comparing my modest efforts to some of the other games listed, but it was very flattering to make the list.

Well, at the end of last week I received the very unexpected but very welcome news that Lion Rampant's fantasy spin-off, Dragon Rampant, has been nominated for the 2017 Origins Awards! How very exciting!

You can see the list of all shortlisted games HERE.

Once again, I am very realistic in knowing that I won't win - those are some pretty impressively popular rulebooks I'm up against. Although my rules were published by Osprey, I'm just a part-time, independent designer working on whatever takes my fancy; those other rule sets are - I think - all supported by (or published in support of) ranges of miniatures so are all in a much bigger league of gaming than lil' ol' me. They're also all sets of rules that I see being played quite often, so they must have made a bigger impact on the gaming hobby than I ever expect to. So just making that list is good enough for me!

The winner will be announced in June.